The taper lock bush which is also known as a taper fit bush or a taper bush is basically a locking mechanism that is usually used in power transmission drives for locating pulleys, sprockets, and also couplings to shafts. The taper lock bush is basically pre-bored and keyed in order to match the required shaft and keyway diameters. The outside part of the bush is tapered in order to match the component bore which is to be located on the shaft.
The taper lock bush is basically manufactured from precision cast iron and is then machined to a high-quality finish. These are computer etched for ease of size identification and it may also be manufactured in steel or stainless steel upon request. Taper bushes are basically available in both imperial as well as metric shaft sizes, which range from 0.375 inches up to 5 inches, and 9mm to 125mm. all of the quality manufactures will also supply customers with an installation instruction sheet along with the bush.
Our bushes are manufactured in their full range of bushes with an even number of holes that is a forth balance, hole. This design is greatly balanced for the high-speed applications and is also available off the shelf at our site in a range of sizes from 1008 to 6050.
What are the advantages of taper lock bush?
By using the taper lock bushes it really becomes possible for any unskilled labor to achieve shrink fit for various pulleys, couplings, etc. on to shafts only by using a hexagon wrench. The appropriate arrangement of the half threaded holes and longitudinally split tapered bushes usually ensure maximum grip and fast, easy fitting as well.
- No re-boring is required and no keyway costs.
- It saves your time and cost in fitting
- It eliminates precision taper fitting keys.
- 239 bush size/ bore combinations are also available.
- It is interchangeable between many of the products.
- Taper bored components can be easily transferred to other diameter shafts by just fitting alternative bore bushes.
- It is convenient in dismantling for maintenance and component replacement.
- It accommodates a shaft limit of +0.051mm/-0.127mm.
The advantages of using taper lock bushes can be extended to consist of components that will have a parallel bore by incorporating taper lock adaptors, taper lock bolt-on hubs, or taper lock weld-on hubs.