Beeswax wrap is a material that is used to wrap the food material. It is the alternate for the plastic wraps. It is made with the infusing of the cotton cloth and the bee wax wrap at a particular temperature. It is the best alternative solution for plastic pollution and food waste. The procedure to cover the food with the bee wax wrap is similar to the aluminum foil. It is a biodegradable material. The wrapper can be given the desired shape. Every year tons of plastic get leaked into the water bodies, which threatens the marine ecosystem. There are too many chemicals present in plastic, which might be harmful to us as well. Plastic causes cancer.
Hot food items should never be stored in plastic. The plastic does not get easily biodegradable with the earth as only seven percent is recycled. Beeswax wrap is the complete solution and the alternate way to store the food. They can be used over the months. The second purpose of the wrapper is it can be a good started for the fire. However, one must know how to shop beeswax wraps.
Advantages of the Bee wax Wrap
- The material with which the bee wax is made is completely edible. For example, resin, food-grade beeswax, coconut oil.
- The wrapper is breathable. The food will not get contaminated easily. The food will stay fresh for a longer time.
- Beeswax wrappers are reusable. They can be washed and air-dried as well. They can help to reduce environmental plastic pollution. It is biodegradable.
- It is capable enough to prevent the activity of the microorganism. The spoiling of the food can be prevented.
- The wax infused wraps are reusable. Any shape of the food can be covered directly with the wrap.
- It is one of the best alternative ways for food storage. The wrapper can be washed again and again. It can be made in the home. It is made up of completely natural material. These natural materials are easily available in the market.
- The wrapper is available in small, medium, and large sizes. The wrapper can be made of any size, depending on the size of the food material that needs to be stored.
Disadvantages of the Bee wax Wrap
One cannot use the wrapper to pack raw materials such as meat, fish, etc. After completing the food, the wrapper has to be carried all day, making it unideal for all food items. Also, the food does not get sealed completely.
The manufacturing cost is not high; however, it is sold at a very higher cost in the market. The wax starts melting with the hand temperature on hold. However, you can always learn to shop beeswax wraps efficiently to avail the maximum benefits.