Life, like never, has been hard for everyone amidst the pandemic. Mental trauma, unstable mental well-being, depression, and anxiety have become a global issue in these tough times. Life supports counselling can help you through this. In this pandemic, especially social isolation has led to negative effects on a considerable number of people. And the only solution to overcome this is by interacting with people through counseling. The four basic reasons to state why counseling is important for you are:
- You get the answers and explanations you were looking for.
- You know there are people to listen to your problems.
- You can finally speak your mind out with no filters.
- You can find clarity about your feelings.
How Counseling Will Help You?
Life supports counseling will help you overcome difficult life situations, abuse, losing a loved one, job loss and other serious mental illness. Speaking to a trained counselor can help you walk through your problems and seek clarity. The best solution to any mental problem is to find the root cause of it and a trained professional counselor can help you with it. These professionals go through rigorous training continuously and this way they can assess and analyze human behavior. Sometimes when you find it hard to crack down on your own feelings, these people could be the best ones to go to as they can act as your support system and can assess what you’re looking for.
Methodologies To Consider in Counseling
Counselors use various methods to help a person overcome their trauma. It’s a reflection of the counselor’s training and philosophy. For example, behavioral counselors will focus primarily on how a person’s behavior is affected by environmental factors. Now let’s look at the common approaches used in counseling.
- Psychodynamic counseling: Here the counselors attempt to find the patterns in their client’s emotions, believes, and thoughts to get insights into their present self.
- Interpersonal counseling: This is a diagnosis-based approach where the client’s unstable state is treated as a medical illness that needs intervention. This can help the client’s quality of social behavior, improve their self-esteem, and eliminate their psychological behavior.
- Existential therapy: It does not focus on curing a particular symptom rather, it focuses on the client’s unfulfilled needs and helps them make the right choices. This therapy has resulted in significant results, like reducing the person’s anxiety and depression.
- Mindfulness-based therapy: In the process of this therapy, they advise the clients to focus on their thoughts and feelings without the fear of judgments. Novel approaches like meditation, yoga, body and sound scans are applied as part of this method.
Deciding to go to therapy is definitely an excellent choice. This can help you move forward from what’s been bothering you and lead a healthy and successful life. It is a tremendous step and you wouldn’t regret taking it.