Day: July 9, 2021
First aid is the timely provision of the necessary emergency care to the wounded or sick. First aid is usually used to treat minor wounds; very rarely is it a matter of life and death. First aid can be provided wherever there is injury, whether at home, school, workplace, or public places. Sometimes, first aid is required for people with minor injuries and illnesses, and further medical assistance is not needed. In serious situations, timely first aid to victims before ambulances can arrive at the scene can be critical between life and death or complete or partial recovery.
First aid goal:
- save life
- Prevent further injury or damage.
- It prevents the deterioration of injuries
- Provide pain relief and
- Calm the victim
You will learn the following:
- How to prevent the tongue from blocking the airways during a seizure.
- No matter what first aid training you take, you will be taught the basics of first aid. These are the respiratory tract, respiration, and blood circulation. It means that during emergencies, you will first need to focus on the airways to make sure they are not blocked. You need to make sure that the person is breathing correctly. Then people whose hearts have stopped will be taught to create artificial circulation in the body.
First aid training is a beneficial skill, even if you don’t work in the healthcare industry. You never know when you will need skills to help someone important to you. Many organizations provide first aid training. However, to make sure you are training with a legitimate organization, you need to make sure they are licensed to provide training for you.
If you would like to take first aid training, you can choose from a variety of courses. These courses are based on different levels depending on the difficulty. Level 1 training includes a variety of Emergency Medicine modules. The course contains mainly theoretical modules as well as practical skills required for first aid. Usually only three courses. Many first aid schools offer students the opportunity to take one course, a combination of materials from all three different levels.
The material for these courses will include teaching aids, simulated situations, audiovisual aids, and hands-on exercises. An important lesson to learn in any first aid course is the ability to help the injured with emergency life support in any situation.
You will learn the following:
- Contact emergency personnel
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- How to help a drowning person
- Treatment of fractures and burns.
- How to stop bleeding
First aid training is essential for some professionals, including teachers and law enforcement officers. However, some people undergo first aid training to advance further in the field to acquire a specific profession, such as an ambulance. If you have a nanny who cares for your children around the clock, it is recommended that you pay them for first aid training.